1.17.2012

Lace Infinity Scarf {or what on earth did I buy?}

This really is part five of my Handmade Christmas series. I knew I wouldn't be seeing one of my college roommates until about a month after Christmas. So, instead of adding another thing to get done before Christmas, I decided to make this scarf in January.

My roommate has a love affair with scarfs. It made deciding what to make her quite simple. So I picked up 6 inches of black jersey and 6 inches of stretch lace. When I sat down to sew, I found that my black jersey was a tube. I have no clue what I bought!


So I snipped the silly tube and got to work. This simple little scarf was made by sewing up a tube out of each of the two materials. I then turned the tubes right side out. Its jersey, so there's new ironing required! Yeppie!


Little miss decided to stick the entire receiver in her mouth while I was sewing.


I finished the scarf by folding in each end of the jersey 1 inch. I then stuffed the jersey into the lace about two inches. If you look closely, you can see my stitching at the top and bottom of the overlap. I repeated this process on the other side to make the infinity loop.


I then ran back to the bathroom to take pictures of the completed scarf. I was so proud of myself. I was in "going out clothes" {meaning a jeans and shirt rather than yoga pants and a sweatshirt}. Then, I realized my shirt was black and so was the scarf. It didn't work. So close! But I changed just for you all to see this fun little {super easy} scarf.


Come PARTY with me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is cute. I've been thinking of making one. Love the lace. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! My new giveaway started TODAY!

    XO, Aimee

    {Giveaway} Customizable Frames, Signs, Decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the scarf! I haven't tried this yet, but I need to. I love the pic of your little miss too...she's a doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf! Thanks for sharing how you made it. I wear scarves a lot in the winter and I'm going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete