3.25.2012

Just a Moment Monday {or would you be interested in?}

Not long after my husband and I got married, I realized I would save a lot of time, energy, and money if I planned out meals in advance and grocery shopped a week at a time. This was especially true because my husband was the one doing the cooking due to my late work schedule. Over time {and due to not living close to an affordable grocery store} that's turned into buying the bulk of my groceries every three weeks and picking up fresh fruits and veggies weekly.

This system works pretty well for us. We're still saving {a lot of} money, and I'm loving that I only have to do a real grocery shopping trip every three weeks. If I plan it right, I can even do it when my little miss is at Mother's Day Out. Man, does that save me some time!

I'm guessing you're starting to wonder what I'm rambling about. I'm a little curious myself! I was wondering if it would be helpful/interesting/something you'd care to read if I post my weekly menu with recipes? Let me know! I don't want to bore you all!

Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. I love reading other people's recipes and menus. Since I am responsible for 3 meals a day, 7 days a week (with occasional meals out) I love having inspiration.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! Love that you are using the html code on the comment! Thats so awesome!

      Delete
  2. I would love to see your menus! I like going through other peoples.. it gives me some great ideas for meals. Cant wait to see your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be nice, and maybe helpful hints and such for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be awesome! I have found myself hating to go grocery shopping and avoiding the big stores (i.e. walmart)so I end up going to the meat market and then picking up a few things here and there from smaller stores that are also more expensive.....so maybe this will inspire me to just go and get it done and not worry about it :)........thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are days where I just can't drag myself to the store! It can be hard to deal with the planing and the crowds.

      Delete