3.20.2012

Glitter iPhone Case {or why not!}



I've had my iPhone 4 for a little over a year now. I try to be nice to it. However, I'm not the most graceful person on earth. It's had a few falls. I've made sure to always keep it in the case to protect the phone. As a result, the case has seen better days. 


I bought this case with my phone. I think it was like $15. I really loved the color and how thin it was. An instance involving my phone and a wall led to a pretty nasty crack in it. Rather than buy a new case, I decided to finally use the glitter I picked up on a whim. 


I super glued the crack and let it dry for about thirty minutes. I then painted on a layer of Mod Podge and dumped glitter all over it. I let it dry about an hour before I put a thick top coat of Mod Podge on. I let that coat drive over night before I painted on another top coat. I let the whole thing dry over night again before putting it to use.


I've been using the case for about a week now and Its showing no signs of wear. There has been no random glitter showing up places. The case does feel a bit tacky. But, nothing has embedded itself into it. I've also got a ton of complements on it! Surprisingly, only one has been from a thirteen year old girl!

If I was to do it again, I'd use a much finner glitter. I would have loved to use Martha Stewart's fine glitter. But, that glitter costs an arm and a leg and the kind I used was $1!. Maybe next time?

Come Party with me!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Its been about two weeks and still going strong. I haven't found stray glitter anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Perfect idea for a BLING girl! Proof that ModPodge does it all!
    Found you on Strut Your Stuff - would love to have you over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite fun. Its outside my normal personality, but I'm enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. Great idea!! Looks so cool!
    Barbara @ chase-thestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It makes me want to decorate my phone case! I like to get my glitter from Hobby Lobby, it's not that expensive. Do you have one close by?

    We'd love to have you join us at Wayward Weekend, our new link party, http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/03/wayward-weekend-9.html if you're interested =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give decorating your phone a shot. It makes it much easier to find in the diaper bag!

      Delete
  5. You have such a cute blog! I found this through Google and did it on my phone! Thanks! I'm going to link to it from my blog! : ) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you have it a shot! I loved my glitter case! I upgraded phones and I'm considering doing it again!

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I think I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! I had tons of people asking about my glittery phone. They couldn't believe how easy it was!

      Delete