3.13.2012

Spring Dress {or finally some time to sew}

{If anyone has an baby safe throat soothing tips, please let me know! My little miss has strep throat.}

Naps have been getting more regular and homework has finally setled down a bit. As a result, I'm getting a little more time to myself. Other than finally finishing the third book of the Hunger Games series, I've started tackling my embarrassingly large pile of projects. 


I've been waiting awhile for the right use for this fun paisley from Hobby Lobby. I used the Charlotte pesant dress pattern from mamastellato. Its the same pattern I used for her dedication dress. I added a solid band instead of a blet with tie this time around. 


We finally had a sunny day to try to get pictures taken of some of my projects. Unfortunately, Emma was not too thrilled with the picture taking thing. However, I'm in love with this picture!


There's not really a good picture of the dress on her. I'm hoping that the dress will grow well with her. There's lot of room in the top portion, so I figure this sucker will turn into a tunic next spring. That should leave plenty of opportunities for some better pictures.


3 comments:

  1. That is an adorable dress! I love the fabric and your little one is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing it our Uncommonly Yours link party! Can't wait to see what you are up to next week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peasant dresses on toddlers...there is nothing cuter!

    ReplyDelete