1.04.2012

Gooey Yumminess {or you should really make this!}


Amy over at Nap Time Crafters was increadilby kind to have me over this Holiday season. I shared a wonderful little breakfast number that is way better than the ease would indicate.

Gooey Yumminess
I love breakfast. I love it so much we make it for dinner sometimes. And I really love the awful for you sugary goodness breakfasts. Enter Gooey Yumminess. Its a recipe I've been fiddling with for awhile now to get just right. I think I've got it, if I do say so myself!

The best part about Gooey Yumminess? Its so easy. There are few ingredients, it uses pre-made biscuits, and it comes together in a snap.

Gooey Yumminess
{adapted from All Things Delicious}
1 tube Pillsbury Grands biscuits 
4 tbsp. melted butter, divided
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
{Serves 4}


Preheat the over to 375.

 


Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in one bowl. Stir together 3 tablespoons of the melted butter and the corn syrup in another bowl. Add the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.

Spray the living daylights out of your pan. Them spray it more. Corn syrup is a sticky moster. The original recipe calls for making this wonderfulness in a fluted pan. I would recommend doing so. I just don't because I don't have one. 


Spread 1/3 of the gooey mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Arrange the biscuits into a circle. Then, evenly distribute the rest of the goo. Finally, drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the gooey wonderfulness.

You'll pop this puppy into the oven for 30 minutes. When you check it, make sure you stick a fork down into it and really check the middle of one of the biscuits. The top can look wonderful while the inside is still uncooked.


Once done, invert onto a plate and enjoy! For a memorable meal, serve with fruit, eggs, and juice!


Yumm




Come PARTY with me!

12 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Those look so good and remind me of something my grandmother used to make! Going on the weekend to-do list!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things gooey! This looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so gooey and GOOOD!!! I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say - these sound pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to make these all the time with my kids except we used a marshmallow instead of the Karo, they are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks deliciously gooey!! Too bad I can't take a bite right off the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Goodness ... I really cannot wait to try this. It looks so delicious !

    I hope you will share at my party, Some Good Stuff http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-2.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up! Just wanted to make sure that you signed up for my $50 stencil giveaway...

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete