1.01.2012

January Wreath {or what's a frame doing on your door?}

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season.

Being the first of the month, its time time for a new wreath on my door. This wreath came to fruition through the design collaboration of my husband and I.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked the husband if he wanted to help figure out the January wreath. He sarcastically asked if there was going to be a meeting. So I sent an evite for a design meeting, complete with food {ie our dinner}. I made him pay for his sarcasm with discussing colors and possible design ideas. Take that husband!


What we came up with was a simple snowflake design. We've always lived where winter just meant cold. Moving to Texas, I quickly learned it could mean snow too. So I {...I mean we} decided to run with that fact.


Using a picture frame as a wreath form was inspired by this little number over at Blue Cricket Designs. The picture frame was a truly hideous little number that I got for twenty five cents at a garage sale {I forgot a before picture}. Because of how thin the blue paint was, I used a coat of white enamel as a primer. 


Now I can't take credit for the pretty color. This was the husband's idea.


These little snowflakes came in a four pack from Target for $1 {before Christmas}. They were meant to be present decorations. I picked these suckers up after seeing Jen's amazing Let it Snow framed wall art over at My Own Road


I cut off the silver string and then hot glued white ribbon to the back of the snowflakes and the back of the frame. 


And ta da...a non-traditional wreath that was created as apart of a collaborative design process. I think the husband learned his lesson. And he actually had some great ideas!


Come PARTY with me!

This post was kindly featured at:





15 comments:

  1. Hi There,
    I saw you were nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Loopy Loop Creations. Just wanted to swing by and tell you I am your newest follower! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and the story! Take that husband, I am so doing that to my husband, sounds like fun:)

    happylizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michaela,
    Welcome to Texas.. :) What a cute idea.. I love the snow flakes hanging on the frame.. Would you like to guest post over my blog with a new project of yours? Let me know if you are interested!
    Thanks
    Hani
    craftionary@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks so cute and I love the snowflakes. I think it is hilarious that you made him design with you. Mine does help me sometimes. I am a new follower and found you through Crafty Soiree. Stop by and check me out at funkymomcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured your cute winter wreath on my blog today!!!! Beautifully done.
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    Happy to have found you and your newest follower. Feel free to grab a button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet and cheery, long after Christmas- the snow does fly for months after all!

    Visiting from TT&J linky party tonight and thanks for sharing :D
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so simple and pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea, so original. I love it!! Here from tt&j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty wreath! Love the idea of the frame and snowflakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so pretty! I love the color of the frame. Fabulous:) I am a new follower. Would love you to come link this up to my Friday Frolic party!
    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the frame idea in place of a wreath! Beautiful! I will be borrowing this for my front door one day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute - I love the colors and the fun little snowflakes - darling! I am stopping by from TT&J -

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! And easy enough that even I could do it :D
    -jade www.constant-chatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea! We would love to have you come share this at our weekly link pary every Saturday! -The Sisters

    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! Thanks for linking up! Stop by and sign up for my Stencil Giveaway!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete