12.07.2011

December Wreath {or I have an excuse for being late}

I put the finishing touches on and hung up my December wreath yesterday. This may sound like I am woefully late. However, there was a birthday in our house last week, so the birthday wreath was up. Not that I didn't love having the extra time....


This little beauty was made using a store bought wreath form {that was bought on sale and with a 25% off coupon...score!}. The entire goal of this wreath was to avoid yarn wrapping {you can see why here and here}. 

So, I cut a bunch of 2 inch(ish) strips of white, sparkly felt. I hot glued and wrapped the felt as neatly as possible. 

I loved the poinsettia I made as a gift, so I wanted to make more for this wreath. I used a template and cut out three different sizes {two small, two medium, and one large}. Then I hot glued three sequins as the centers. The poinsettias were hot glued on and I added leaves two the outer-most flowers. Then, because I have a bit of a thing for sequins, I glued some on the wreath to give it a little bit of an extra sparkel. I used the only Christmasy ribbon I had on hand to hang it.

I think I'm going to be sad when December is over. I really like this wreath.


One more shot, just for kicks :)

Come party with me!

4 comments:

  1. oh that's fantastic! thanks for the comment. i too have a birthday coming up. it's made decorating the holidays...um...more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so lovely! I like that it is fairly simple and clean in design and the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I like the idea of using felt, too.

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath looks wonderful! The poinsettias are very pretty. Found you at Between U & Me - thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete