12.19.2011

Baby Shower Gifts {or I went a bit nutty}

So I went a little nutty making things for a friend's baby shower. She's having a girl and I know how to sew for one! Plus, being out of class has left me with some extra energy to go nuts. Hopefully these will serve as Christmas present ideas for the little ones in your life.


The little miss received a taggy when she was about a month old. It was the kind with plastic in it to make crinkle noises. It has been one of her favorite toys. Currently, I have it hidden away and it's her going out toy {what she gets to play with when we're at a restaurant or she's in a shopping cart}. I had made one for my little miss before she arrived, but it lacked that crucial crinkle. She won't give it a second look. So, I had leftover materials. I made my friend's little joy a taggy and use a pasta bag as the crinkle making material. This one is much cooler than my original creation!


This diaper strap was a quick sew from scraps. I used interfacing to give it stability. There are tons of tutorials out there, if you'd like one.


Ruffles and Stuff forever altered {dramatic much?} the way I make bows for headbands. Check out the tutorial here. I highly recommend you check it out! You can also find some cool headband flower ideas over at my flower board on Pinterest. 


This shirt was made using the Amelia pattern by Mama Stello. Its form the same pattern shop that my little miss's dedication dress came from. The fabric was a remnant from Hobby Lobby


Ah, more love shots of the amazing fabric! Here's a tutorial for this car seat canopy {and an explanation of my new love affair}.


This little guy is named Soctopus. I'll share more about Soctopus soon. :)




2 comments:

  1. Your positions usually include a lot of really up to date info. Where do you come up with this? Just stating you are very imaginative. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is one baby shower gift any mother would love! I can tell you put a lot of time and thought into it.

    ReplyDelete