12.16.2011

Brag Book {or my first guest post}

{I wanted to share with you all my guest post for Angela's Creating Christmas Series over at Love Sweet Love.}

I recently moved half way across the country. The cost of plane tickets alone are at least tripple our normal Christmas travel and gift budget. So, in order to still give meaningful gifts and stay in our very tinny budget, I'm handmaking nearly all of our gifts. 


This little diddy is a Brag Book for my dad {who is a first time grandpa to my little miss}. My dad is always wanting pictures of the little miss to show off around the office. I nearly titled this sucker "My granddaughter is cuter than yours." I have a feeling that's what my dad is saying under his breath as he brags about his new little joy.


In order to create your own brag book, you'll need:
2 12x12 pieces of card stock
1/4 inch ribbon
Photo stickers
Photo corners
Embellishments
Scissors
A scoring tool


I don't have a scoring tool. I don't often work with paper {mainly because I can't cut a straight line to save my life}. So, I looked around and came up with this little pizza stone cleaner that came with our Pampered Chef pizza stone. If you don't have something, I say shop your house before you shop the store!


You're going to want to pick a paper that has two pretty sides. I started out by cutting off the paper selvedge. I wanted my album to be 4x6. I cut each of my 12x12 sheets in half.


Then, I used my super fancy scoring tool to fold each section into thirds. 


In order to make a larger album, you have to adhere each of your four pieces of card stock together. I did this using photo squares. I added an extra square to the seam side because of the added stress. Then, you stick the two pieces together, making sure the folds continue to make the accordion. 

 

Next, cut a 25 inch piece of ribbon. I cut mine on a diagonal so it looks all fancy. Use Fray Check. You'll want to glue the ribbon along the middle of the front of the book. Only glue it to the front or you won't be able to open your album all the way.


Then, put your embellishment cover piece down. I printed this awesome free chevron print {thanks Nat!} onto card stock and then cut it down to 4x4. Decorate to your heart's desire! {I'm a sucker for lime green and glitter, so these stickers were heaven!}


I used clear photo corners to attach my photos. I also left the back side nearly empty. I'm going to send pictures and photo corners from time to time to my dad as the little miss grows. That way, this album will document more than the first six months of her life.


Tie the bow and you're set. 


What grandparent wouldn't love a brag book!


{I'm so every excited to have done my first guest post. I hope to moonlight at other blogs in the future!}


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute =)
    Great idea!
    http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-projects.html

    ReplyDelete