5.01.2012

Mother's Day Brunch {or a yummy guest post}

Liz from Not Everything I Make is Pretty is here to share her go-to brunch menu for special occasions. She sends me pictures of this meal every Mother's and Father's day and I'm always so jealous.

~~~~~~~


Hey Michaela, here's my favorite brunch! I'd like to think it's a little fancy, it's definitely colorful and could be dressed up pretty easily. I last made it for Easter. But with Mother's & Father's Day coming up, it would be perfect for breakfast in bed or any weekend you just feel like brunch.

Part One
Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Bagels & Lox



Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Slice 8 or more Tomatoes thickly

Rub with Olive Oil and Salt
Bake at 275 for 3-5 Hours

(These can be made the day before and kept in a little extra olive oil for up to a week.)


Bagels & Lox
4 Bagels, Halved
1 Package Cream Cheese
2 Avocados, Sliced
1/2 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 Package Lox
1 Package Prosciutto
2-4 Slow Roasted Tomatoes

Smear cream cheese to taste on each half of bagel. Equally divide remaning ingredients to create sandwich.


Part Two

Honied Pears & Goat Cheese
4 Pears, Sliced
1/4 Cup Honey, Warmed
4 oz. Goat Cheese, Crumbled

Place one pear in each of four dishes. Drizzle the honey over the pears and then top with goat cheese.

Serve the finished duo together for an easy, delicious and.... well, almost pretty brunch that's sure to make mom's day!

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering. This looks incredibly tasty! I hope to try this soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Yum! Im drooling too! Can I hire Liz to cook for me?

    ReplyDelete