5.08.2012

Baby Boy Shower {or destashing}

I have a problem. I get super excited about trying something out and rush out to go get the supplies. Then, they get added to the pile of things I need to/want to do and the pile just keeps growing and growing.

I'm trying to stop my trips to the store and start tackling the projects I've got lined up. I've got several showers coming up this month. I normally make my shower presents. So, I'm trying to apply my no-buy philosophy to these showers as well. I had all the materials but the onesie {which I snagged from Hobby Lobby with a coupon} for this shower gift. 


Kristen is welcoming her third {a little surprise} in the middle of June. Since they weren't expecting to have another, they had been graciously giving clothes to friends who were expecting. I wanted to help them build up their clothing stash by making something for now, something for a couple of months from now, and something for around this little guy's first birthday.


Here's the part of making this shower gift where I learned a big lesson:
I feel terrible. I used a newborn pant pattern to make this shorts {I didn't have enough fabric for pants. Plus, North Texas in June is icky as all get out!}. I made them a couple of weeks ago and didn't save the pattern anywhere. So now I have no clue who to give the credit to for this wonderful free pattern. 


This amazing pattern even came hints for adding a fabric binding and pockets. 


I added one sweet little pocket to the back. Its made from flannel from Joann's. The main fabric is from the Zoology line for Michael Miller and I've had it in my stash for ages.


These knit pants were made from a t-shirt that was in a donation pile. I used a pattern from Me Sew Crazy. They were super quick and easy. They seem so comfy! I cut the pattern along the bottom of the shirt so I didn't even have to hem the bottom.


This little bow tie was made using my Silhouette. I've been excited to try cutting fabric using interfacing. I think it was a success. I'll defiantly be doing it more in the future.

I can't wait to meet this little guy!



11 comments:

  1. they are all wonderful! luv the bowtie one~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bowtie one too! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is super cute Michaela! I love the shorts.. I ohhhh'ed and ahhh'ed a little. :)

    Do you have a cameo or sd? I havent tried fabric.. youll have to give me some tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect shower gift! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute and unique! It's a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I'm a sucker for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew adorable!
    Rose
    http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute -- especially the little bow tie! Hopping over from the Grant Life to take a closer look . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, how sweet! What a great gift for a little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic project! Such a cute little gift! Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all so darling! We would love for you to come share it at our weekly link party and enter to win a $50 gift card to Mikarose Clothing!

    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/05/strut-your-stuff-saturday-link-party_11.html

    Love,
    The Sisters

    ReplyDelete