4.05.2012

Baby Easter Basket Ideas {or little miss's first Easter basket}


Little Miss will be ten months old the day before Easter. I'm very excited for her first easter basket. My Easter basket was always filled with wonderful treasures. Other than the VERY necessary Cadbury Egg and a couple of Peeps, it didn't contain candy. My mom would fill it with books, Post-it notes, socks, gift cards, and all sorts of other wonderful things. I've had the same Easter basket since my first Easter.

With this rich history surrounding my Easter basket, I put a lot of thought into little miss's. Even if I just wanted to load it up with candy, that really isn't an option for a ten month old. Also, she has plenty of toys so I really didn't want to add to the clutter of our living room {I figure her grandparents will take care of that come her birthday!}. I'm really excited with what I came up with.


This little pink Peep bunny was made using a free pattern from Dandelions and Lace. Something went wonky in one of his years. Even though little miss doesn't need any more toys, I couldn't resist this cute little guy.

An important side note: Has anyone been able to find bunny Peeps? Every where I've looked has only had chicks. I'm bummed.


The bulk of my little miss's basket is books. I went to Half Priced books and picks all of these up for $8. Thrift stores often have very cheap kiddo books. The Goodwill I checked seemed to be tapped out by other Easter basket shopping parents {and I waited until today to start looking}.


My little miss loves the Easter eggs that she found at our church's Easter egg hunt. She's been teething on them all week. I decided to make them a bit cooler and filled them with different things to make cute little shakers. I sealed them with hot glue and then covered that with Washi tape {from Target of all places}. 

Other ideas include filling eggs with puffs or Cheerios. You could also include bath toys or a CD of music to dance around the living room as a family to. Depending on your baby's age, a trip to the aquarium or the zoo would be a great Easter basket gift! 


The basket itself is from Target. Most of their baskets were cheapo. I'm impressed with how well made this basket is. I'm hoping this basket will be hers year to year just like mine has been.


11 comments:

  1. Aww.. love her Easter basket! And I understand.. baskets are BIG deal to us too. I still have mine and Ryley's is very special already. Great ideas for the eggs! Ill have to do this for my little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable basket! Love the little bunny, and great idea to fill the eggs with different things:) I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute basket. I love what you did with the plastic eggs...great idea! Hope you don't mind that I pin this for my friends with babies to check out. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the eggs filled with things to make noise. My daughter adores Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. We have the CD too and I swear I could recite every song on it. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to join in next week. I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is my all time favorite little kiddo book. I have not clue why its taken me so long to get it for her!

      Delete
  5. Ps... HOOORAY for the new layout! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. I had to set it back. I leanred a few things about color differences on PCs and Macs so I'm going to have to do some adjusting. I'm excited to keep working on it!

      Delete
  6. Such cute ideas! And your bunny turned out absolutely adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete