1.20.2016

Hexie Projects {or I'm buried in Hexies!}


If you're anything like me, once you started making hexies you couldn't stop. I have a pile of them forming. So now I need to figure out what to do with all of them. Here's eight wonderful projects to make with your growing stash!


Nicole at Modern Handcraft has made several versions of this Modern Hexie Quilt. It is just heaven in every hue. Maybe if I start now I'll have enough to make one by Christmas!



This tea towel is adorable. And likely being made for my husband's grandmother and aunts for Christmas. Mollie at Wild Olive has a great tutorial. I also think hexie hand towels would make a great hostess gifts!


This table runner is just adorable. I love how eclectic it could be. It would also be fun to have one for each season or holiday!


I'm starting to realize I need a way to travel with my hexies. I think this travel bag might just be the ticket. Patchwork Posse offers a free pattern and tutorial for this cute little bag.


Or maybe this sweet little caddy would be in order. Doe anyone have advice on how they travel with their EPP? Sewing Room Secrets does a full tutorial fpr.


This thread catcher is so cute. I really do need one. It seems like such a lame sewing project when there's so many dresses to sew. But I really should do some selfish sewing one of these days. And Melissa and Cornbread and Beans offers a wonderful tutorial.


Oh this adorable pillowcase! I would love a dozen of these! A Spoonful of Sugar Designs has a great tutorial for making these pillowcases. The pillowcases themselves are such a quick sew!


Hellen Phillips has a tutorial for this beautiful hexie pouch. I saw a lot of great hexie drawstring bags when I did Jenni Baker's Drawstring Pouch Swap. They make great use of scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment