11.26.2011

Heart Wall Art {or a handmade gift exchange}

Linda over at Craftaholics Anonymous is yet once again hosting a Handmade Gift Exchange. When I found out about this wonderful opportunity, I jumped at the chance to participate. After exchanging a few emails with my exchange buddy, I was off to the races.

I decided to create a piece of wall art out of maps. 


I started by tracing a heart onto my 6x6 inch canvas. 


Then came the really fun part. I got to rip a map up into a ton of little pieces. I even let my little miss get in on the action! I used a map I had leftover from a wedding gift for one of my husband's college roommates. 


As so frequently happens around here, I turned to the Mod Podge to make quick work of this project.


I applied a thin layer of Mo Podge to the canvas and spread out my map pieces. I made sure to break up the ocean blue from the street and park pieces. 


After I finished filling in the heart, I put two coats of Mod Podge over it. I let the Mod Podge dry for about thirty minutes between coats. 


I'm pretty in love with the final product. I hope my exchange buddy feels the same way!

If you'd like to see other projects made for the Homemade Gift Exchange, check out this link party and this Flickr group.


1 comment:

  1. love this! would be a perfect memento of a favorite city or vacation.

    ReplyDelete