2.07.2013

Valentine's Day Mantel {or at least I decorated for this holiday}

So Christmas came and went without dragging out the Christmas decorations. Other than Emma's little Felt Christmas Tree, we were void of the festiveness. Well I'm making up for lost time with this Valentine's Day Mantel!


My favorite part of this mantel? It was no buy! Gotta love free!


The heart canvas was made from a random piece of scrapbook paper I had and a canvas I found in my garage. I'm I the only one who buys craft supplies and then they disappear for weeks or years on end?It's the simplest piece I've made! Just three different sized hearts and a quick stitch down the middle and you're set!

I designed the "be mine" print at work one day {don't tell!). The frame normally lives in Emma's nursery.


This little owl was a $3 score from Home Goods. He lives on my mantel year round.


Technically the plate was bought for this Valentine's season. It's $2 from Target. I decided to get it the moment I laid eyes on it. Rather than hold on to it until Emma uses plates, I threw it up on the mantel. Brad made the stand out of a card and some hot glue.


The XOXO was made from a cereal box and then decorated with Washi tape. I mounted the letters onto a strip of cereal box using hot glue. The last O is a little out of line and is driving me nuts! But...not nuts enough to fix it!


The hearts are wrapping paper I got on after Christmas clearance from Target. It was $1.50 for a giant roll. Birthdays, Valentine's Day, Christmas next year? All red polka dots! Be prepared family and friends. I used my Silhouette to cut the hearts.


Finally, there's a vase for a little height. It's a sabina that I got from Linens and Things when they were going out of business. Its a set of three that I used in my wedding. It's filled with accordion folded scrap book paper and "table scatter" from the dollar store. The used the "scatter" hearts in this month's wreath {which I'll eventually get around to sharing}. It's sitting on some random iPhone gadget thing that Brad's aunt got him for Christmas. He didn't have an iPhone at this point!

And we have a decorated house for a holiday. Here's to hoping that we get it down at a decent time!



Come party with me! C.R.A.F.TMommy By Day, Crafter By NightShwin & ShwinTip JunkieSouthern LovelyUncommon DesignsSomewhat SimpleYesterday on TuesdayHouse of Hempworths52 MantelsThe CSI ProjectSerenity NowTatertots and JelloFamily Ever AfterThe Grant LifePositively SplendidI {Heart} Nap TimeIt's Overflowing

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a happy holiday in your home! I love your simple decor. :)

    ReplyDelete