6.12.2013

Easy Rice Cooker Spanish Rice {or getting dinner on the table as quickly as possible}


I first shared this great recipe over at Not Everything I Make is Pretty. I wanted to make sure you all didn't miss it! Mexican food is a staple in my house. Therefore, this quick and easy rice cooker Spanish Rice is one of our favorites!


I have a love affair with my rice cooker. I honestly have never made rice just on the stove top. It scares me. I use my rice cooker for plain old rice, a host of flavored rices, and even quinoa. My fancy pants rice cooker {ie cheap from Target} even has a delayed start on it. This lovely little feature makes my rice cooker the perfect tool for getting dinner on the table quickly on hectic week nights.

Want to make your own quick, tasty Spanish Rice? Bust out your rice cooker and gather your ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes, with juices
1 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsps. cumin {I am a cumin loving fiend...you can always reduce if its too much for your taste}
1 tsp. chili powder


Dump everything into your rice cooker and stir well.


Hit go and you're set. When that wonderful little machine finishes cooking everything up for you, fluff well before serving.


Simple, tasty, and fast. As a momma with a toddler who thinks the world is about to end if dinner isn't on the table right at five, I love simple tasty, and fast! You can also easily freeze leftovers to save on cooking time for another meal.

Come party with me! C.R.A.F.TMommy By Day, Crafter By NightShwin & ShwinTip JunkieSouthern LovelyUncommon DesignsSomewhat SimpleYesterday on TuesdayHouse of Hempworths52 MantelsThe CSI ProjectSerenity NowTatertots and JelloFamily Ever AfterThe Grant LifePositively SplendidI {Heart} Nap TimeIt's Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment