4.08.2013

Creative Exchange Gifts {presents for a new friend}

I wasn't planning on participating in this round of the Creative Exchange. I feel like its a real victory if I've put dinner on the table each night. I get bonus points if its healthy and/or on time. So the idea of adding another thing to my plate seemed daunting. Kismet got involved and I found myself partnered up with the sweet, talented, encouraging Brandy.

Brandy's Pinterest was filled with tote bags. This made my job of figuring out what to make pretty easy. She also said that she loves all things pink and girly.


Done and done. I used this tutorial as a guideline for making the bag. Really, I looked at the pictures and then kind of ran with my own plan. I added a fun little felt flower for good measure.


I included two of my favorite crafting supplies...Washi tape and baker's twine. Really, they're two of my favorite things for just about everything. I seal thank you notes with Washi tape. I use it for seam allowance markers on my sewing machine. I decorate with it. I tie anything and everything with baker's twine. So my hope was that Brandy could get some good use out of these fun supplies too.


Well I broke the cardinal rule of exchanges. I forgot to take a picture of what I made before I sent it. Thankfully Brandy was willing to take a few pictures and send them along.

I'm so glad I participated  I had so much fun getting to know someone I would have never met otherwise. I loved sending off a package of handmade goodies and waiting for her response. Exchanges like this are just so much fun!

Hopefully we'll get another Creative Exchange going late summer/early fall. I hope you'll all participate!

Have you ever participated in an exchange like this? Did you give/get anything that you just love?


Come party with me! C.R.A.F.TMommy By Day, Crafter By NightShwin & ShwinTip JunkieSouthern LovelyUncommon DesignsSomewhat SimpleYesterday on TuesdayHouse of Hempworths52 MantelsThe CSI ProjectSerenity NowTatertots and JelloFamily Ever AfterThe Grant LifePositively SplendidI {Heart} Nap TimeIt's Overflowing

1 comment:

  1. I've never participated in an exchange. Your bag would be such fun to use...and who doesn't love the washi tape and bakier's twine? I keep adding to my stash. Today I saw plastic forks with handles covered in washi. I thought it would be fun to tie to a pie in a jar.

    ReplyDelete